Thursday, August 13, 2009

You're terribly late, you know...Naughty!



OK, so I'm getting ahead of myself again...but I just can't resist ;) Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass were two of my favorite books as a kid. I remember spending many a Saturday night, ponying up to my Grandmother's television to watch the Disney cartoon of Alice in Wonderland...Jif peanut butter and a spoon in one hand, and my paper dolls in the other.

Tim Burton is coming out with a film version and I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm sure Tim won't disappoint with the spectacle that is Wonderland. And with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter...it has to be amazing. Judging from the photos I've seen, I'm sure there were more green screens than actual sets...but I can definitely appreciate the genius that goes into creating a computer generated world. I'm just going to have to find a way to contain myself until March 5th, 2010.

In the meantime, you can fall down another rabbit hole by checking out this cute spot in the West Village called Sweetie Pie. No, its not named after me ;) (you're too kind) But like me, its FULL of color. Julie Daniels Janklow is the visionary behind this whimsical place where you can order up some absinthe and cake and eat it in a bird cage. Sounds trippy, right?? But you have to admit...slightly intriguing :)




Gold bird cages, pink tufted booths, marble floors, mirrored walls and a mural of Storm Troopers and cake. It doesn't get more eccentric than that. I love how this place looks like every little girl's fantasy (spiked) tea party.

No comments: