Monday, August 17, 2009

Fit for a Queen...or King



Yessss! It finally happened! With all the luxury discount websites popping up left and right, its so refreshing that there is finally a site for luxury home furnishings. Similar to the Gilt Groupe...One Kings Lane offers daily private sales on some of the hottest items for the home. Tomorrow's sale includes Riedel, a wine glass company that I discovered after a visit to my favorite dessert bar in the city, ChikaLicious.

The sommelier used this fabulous decanter to pour cold water for the patrons and I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Imagine how sad my pocket-book was when I found out that it runs for about $400. Ouch! Crossing my fingers that OKL will shave off...hmm...maybe $250 or so. Hey, a girl can dream right ;)


Side Note:
Definitely check out ChikaLicious if you're in the city. The cutest dessert experience I've had in Manhattan. They only allow about 20ppl in at a time but if you encounter a line out front, believe me...its more than worth the wait. The menu changes every day so you're always in for a unique surprise. Try to get a seat at the bar so you can see the chefs create these sweet and adorable designs.






Favorite Design Touch: They use the cutest ceramic and porcelain plates, tea cups and bowls. Each plate is different and none belong to a matching set. They're all the most darling looking things. I just want to pinch their cute little cheeks (well, if they had cheeks...you get where I'm going with this)

1 comment:

Jozen said...

Proof that the eye eats before the mouth does...dope post!