Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Step by Step...Oooo Baby



I miss having stairs!!! There's something really nice about having the option of retreating to a different floor. Here are some cool staircases that I've been drooling over today. And yes, I drool over silly things like stairs.




Let's play a game called "Paris' Fantasy World". OK...so in this part of the game, we pretend that the image above is of my house. This staircase is in my bedroom and it leads you to my private "chill" room. I'll explain more about "chill" rooms in another post ;)

OK...back to my fantasy world. I've always been a lover of spiral stairs (although they're a BIA to get furniture up). I love how the details in the railing compliment the arches in the window frame. The handrail and steps look like they're made of delicate lace. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like these stairs are made of wrought iron. If this is true, I love them even more. A feminine lace cut out of a masculine material such as iron, Yes! Imagine how fantastic they'll look when some of the white paint begins to chip and it has a rustic look contrasting with the freshly painted white walls and furniture. Love it!





So there's nothing too out of the norm with these stairs...but as an avid reader, I can't help but be a little turned on by the site of all these interesting looking books. Oh yeah, baby...nothing says lust like a nice quiet night with a book. Owww!





If the stairs at work looked like these I'd never call in sick. But my legs and booty would be...sick that is ;) (lol) I love laughing at my corny jokes and I love how both of these images juxtapose straight lines with curves.

Sleek Black Stairs: My eyes keep bouncing back and forth between the straight lines in the wall, to the wavy lines of the stair rail, and the lines in the wood planks. I also like how the designer paired different textures together. Grooved concrete/stone wall, sleek black wooden stairs, and smooth marble floor. What an innovative way to add flair and excitement to an otherwise boring looking space.

Hot Mama Red Stairs: Where do I begin?? "Yes" to the ceiling's lines playing off the curved stairs and walls. I love how the inside of the railing and steps are blood red. I Love Love the chrome on the outside of the railing. Love Love Love the stone mixed with the chrome. And I absof*ckinglutely love how the railing splits at the top into a hand rail (you gotta look closely) Ahhh...the talent!


Honorable Mentions:

No comments: