Monday, August 24, 2009

Turn the lights on!

I am in LOVE with Beyonce's latest video, Sweet Dreams (definitely broke it down this weekend at a birthday party to this song...tee hee) These images may seem a lil random...but each one uses light in a way that leaves me tickled pink.


"My guilty pleasure. I ain't goin no where" Break it down B!!!



What a CUTE house!!!! Someone please give this to me :) (no, but really...lol)
I absolutely LOVE when a house is all lit up. How perfect are the lights reflecting off the lake in the front of the house? I especially love the composition of the lights and how they're lit up to accentuate the grand foyer and the peaks in the windows and roof. This house would definitely be a part of my Sweet Dreams ;)

Really loving the concept of taking a crystal chandelier and covering it with a sheer drum shade. I've been seeing this design trend a lot lately. Definitely a nice way to add glamor to any room. I'd like to put something like this up in my walk-in closet.


So this would be one of my outdoor "chill rooms." I can just image me, my two adorable kids, my drop dead gorgeous husband and Coco (my crazy Yorkie) enjoying dinner and board games in a similar space. I love how this designer used tea candles, candelabras and lanterns to give this space a calm glow against the sunset.



The details in this ceiling molding are stunning. It gives off amazing shadows from the chandelier light.


This is the coolest photograph I've seen in a good minute. I love how the girl in the image appears to be leaving a storm and entering safety. The colors are so rich. The light in the breaks in the clouds look like God. If my first photo was a Sweet Dream...this photograph is my Beautiful Nightmare.

"Turn the lights off!"

No comments: